The Esti-mate Bill Import Module allows Estimates to be imported from other programs such as Microsoft Excel, other Estimating programs text editors etc. The module is designed to be very easy to use and to get external files converted to Esti-mate in as short as possible time (usually measured in minutes.
Main facilities include:-[Screenshots]
- The module can be run as a separate program or accessed from within the Estimating Module, allowing the enquiry process to be carried out in parallel with the estimating process.
- Import of C.I.T.E Format files, allowing Bills of Quantities from most Estimating and Bill Production systems, to be converted to Esti-mate jobs.
- Import of Comma Separated Variable (CSV) files, with optional setting of separator character (Tab, Pipe etc). This type of file may be produced from spreadsheets, databases and other Bill Production programs.
- Import of ASCII Text files and CITE format files. Such files may be the output of most scanning/OCR programs and text editors.
- Direct import of Microsoft Excel Workbooks, including import from multiple worksheets in a single operation.
- Rapid Manual input of Sections, Pages and Items using References, allows a Bill of Quantites to be priced without requiring scanning/ocr facilities.
- Automatic insertion of Pages and Sections using B of Q Item References.
- Rapid (optional) allocation of text elements to Esti-mate Item Types.
- Allows more than one import into a single Estimate.
- Export of Estimates to C.I.T.E format files for sending (priced or un-priced) to other Estimating systems.