The Esti-mate Subcontractor Module allows the Items within a job to be marked-up with trades. Items for a Trade may then be sent to selected Subcontractors as an enquiry. When quotations are returned, the program allows you to enter them into a comparison and select the required Subcontractor for the Estimate.
Main facilities include:-[Screenshots]
- The module can be run as a separate program or accessed from within the Estimating Module, allowing the enquiry process to be carried out in parallel with the estimating process.
- The module allows rapid marking up of the Estimate with Trades, by Item, groups of like Items, Pages, Sections etc, with multiple Trades per Item if required.
- Items are abstracted for the Enquiry and displayed/printed as a Trade Bill. Page breaks are automatically generated and hard breaks may be added to format the enquiry.
- Any number of Subcontractors may be added to the Enquiry from a Register of Subcontractors or directly into the job. Details of Depots/Regional Offices may be defined and used.
- Enquiries may be printed or sent by e-mail. E-mails may be in C.I.T.E, word processor or spreadsheet formats and may have attached files such as specifications etc.
- Standard letters may be created within the module and attached to the enquiry. Labels may be defined and printed for each Subcontractor in the enquiry.
- Enquiry progress may be tracked, with follow-up letters, recording of contact by telephone etc.
- Quotations returning by e-mail may be imported directly into the comparison sheet without typing.
- Comparisons may include general discounts, trading discounts and specified adjustments for each Subcontractor.
- The Comparison contains an "Own Rate" value which may be set to include/exclude Resource Types (such as Labour, Plant, Materials etc) on an Item by Item basis or across the whole Enquiry.
- Un-priced Subcontractor's Rates may be set as "Included" or a variety of types including Highest, Lowest or Average of the other Rates. Full analysis of a Subcontractors quote is provided.
- Rates may be compared as a variance against a selected Subcontractor or against the Own Rate values. The items on this analysis can be limited to only those which vary by a percentage.
- Analysis of the rates allows the "best" Subcontractor to be selected. The rates for that Subcontractor may be entered directly into the Estimate Items, optionally removing existing elements of the Item's rates. This process may also be reversed, re-establishing the original Item build-ups.
- Register of Subcontractor's, Regional Offices, Subcontractor/Trade allocations.